Ellenville Run Like the Wind 5k and 10K race, Hudson Valley NY
More Ellenville area races
Sunday February 28th, 2016
Aroma Thyme Vintage Run, 3.6 mile run
Fun 3.6-mile race around the village of Ellenville, and across part of the golf course of one of the local resorts. Wine party afterward at Aroma Thyme Bistro.
Due to space limitations, the event is capped at 85 people, so sign up soon!
April 30th, 2016
Rock the Ridge 50 Mile Endurance Challenge
Rock The Ridge is a 50-mile endurance challenge and environmental fundraiser set in the natural beauty of Mohonk Preserve, a vast, nonprofit nature preserve situated in the mid-Hudson Valley of New York State. The goal is to traverse a 50-mile course within 24 hours by walking, running, or any combination thereof. The course winds along well-maintained carriage roads, through lush forests and over ridgelines with magnificent vistas. The Nature Conservancy has described this area as “one of Earth's last great places.” More info click here.
Saturday July 30th, 2016
Ellenville Mountain Running Festival
Saturday, July 30, 2016 for the second edition of Ellenville Mountain Running Festival, a day of adventurous running events taking place in some of the most spectacular, rugged, and remote sections of the Shawangunk Mountains.
The event offers three divisions:
* The 10-mile sprint takes you straight up almost 2,000 feet to High Point, a glacially polished vantage point on top of the ridgeline, then straight back down to the start/finish.
* The 1/2 marathon is a fun mix of slow and fast. It takes you for 2 miles on paved roads around the backside of the mountain, where you then follow the challenging but spectacular South Gully trail (part of New York’s Long Path) up to a section of very runnable flat carriage road high on the plateau.
* The full marathon is an epic double crossings of the Shawangunk ridge and totals approximately 5,000 feet in elevation gain. This division heads up and over High Point, passes two sky lakes, Lake Awosting and Mud Pond, descends to scenic Stony Kill Falls along an abandoned, eroded, overgrown carriage road, and then returns to the start/finish.
Visit here for interactive maps and registration.
Saturday August 20th
3rd Annual Lost Tribe Search
Are you ready to take your adventure racing to the next level? Think you have conquered the mountains and all its obstacles? We guarantee that you have never tried a race like this before! The Lost Tribe Expeditions is hosting their 3rd Annual Search and Rescue Adventure Race. This race will be a team race to collect as many control points with a map and some with compass.
There is a two category option:
1) 3HR course Individual Competitive and
2) The original 6HR Full course Team Competitive.
Team racers will begin early morning, Individual racers will be set out on the course 3hours after the team racers start so that all will finish together. Courses will have overlap, but the 6hr team course will have a much larger course. Teams consist of a minimum of 2 competitors and a maximum of 6. Teams must complete the race with at least 2 of the original members to be scored. Penalties against team and individual racer’s scores will be given for each minute late after the race cutoff time. Racers and Teams later than 15min will be awarded completion but not scored. 1-3rd places will be awarded for both the 3HR Individual and 6HR Team categories
Friday September 17
Saturday September 18
Shawangunk Ridge Trail Run/Hike
The Shawangunk Ridge Trail (SRT) is a 70-mile hiking trail that crosses the entire length of the Shawangunk ridgeline, from High Point State Park in New Jersey, where the SRT intersects the Appalachian Trail, all the way to the town of Rosendale, New York, where the trail ends at a restored railroad trestle high above the Rondout Creek.